Skip to main content

Should I plead guilty for first offense for drugs possession ?

Palo Alto, CA |

I'm a user and I've been caught with drugs in my house, I don't know what to do !

Attorney Answers 4

  1. How did law enforcement enter your house? Did they obtain a search warrant or did you give them permission? Since it's your first time, you are not on felony probation so they have no right to enter unless 1) you give them permission to do so 2) they have a search warrant. There could be serious problems on their end if they do not have either one of these and the case could be dismissed!

  2. You should consult with a criminal defense attorney in your area before you proceed further. You should not plead to an offense that may be defensible. Likewise, you don't necessarily want to lose a window of opportunity at some later time. So, consult with an attorney.

    The information provided herein does not create an attorney-client relationship. The information provided is to suggerst some general principles and should not be relied upon for client decisions. Only upon the hiring of counsel can such advice be custom-tailored to the client's specific situation and needs.

  3. I agree you need an attorney

    This is for general information only. Nothing in this information should be construed as creating an attorney-client relationship nor shall any of this information be construed as providing legal advice. Laws change over time and differ from state to state. These answers are based on California Law.Applicability of the legal principles discussed may differ substantially in individual situations. You should not act upon the information presented herein without consulting an attorney about your particular situation. No attorney-client relationship is established.

  4. You owe it to yourself to hire a local criminal attorney as soon as possible. There are a number of ways to fight this case. I am local and offer a free consultation. Best of luck.

Criminal defense topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics