Should I pay my200$ civil demand?

Livonia, MI |

I swiched some clothings prices (44$ to 22$)and I payed when I was coming out they caught me ,that lady told me I saw you were changing the prices,,,and then I accept it.I recieved $200 civil demand , police took me and with 400$ bond I came out.but in 2 weeks I have to go to court.unfortunately I can not afford to hire a lawyer. I want to know please how much a lawyer usually cherge for cases like mine???((estimate)) Do you think that the store will send the person who caught me to the court???????
Is that true by sending civil demand I will make myself guilty?????
should I pay it or not?
the last thing is I'm permanent resident, but I'm not citizen yet...please help me.

1. The civil demand is completely different and does not affect the criminal case. On the other hand, improperly dealing with your criminal case could lead to automatic deportation. As a non citizen, you cannot be convicted or even plea under advisement to a crime of moral turpitude. I have handled dozens of these and can help you. Especially if its in Livonia, where I'm the VP of the Livonia bar association and know the court very well.

2. I agree with Tim and recommend him as counsel for you in this matter. Good luck!

This advise is only being offered as a courtesy. We do not have an attorney-client relationship and I do not represent you. Additional, the advice I have provided was based on the limited fact pattern provided by you. If the facts differ, my advice may not be correct. If you live in Michigan and would like legal assistance with your issue, feel free to contact me: 586-615-0756

3. Normally I recommend against paying these.
    Use the $200 to pay a lawyer instead.
    You have additional baggage to deal with
    as a non-citizen. As previously mentioned
    contact the attorney listed for advice.
    Good luck!

THIS ANSWER IS PURELY FOR ACADEMIC DISCUSSION ONLY AND DOES NOT CONSTITUTE ANY TYPE OF LEGAL ADVICE OR LEGAL REPRESENTATION.