Should I mention my ex-husband's infidelity when I petition for my new husband to come to the US?

Asked about 1 year ago - Moreno Valley, CA

I petitioned for my ex-husband to come to the US and it was approved. 4 years later he met another woman and divorced me. I am now filing a i-130 for my new husband and I was told I should submit evidence that the first marriage was bona fide a long with a letter explaining it all with my petition. But should I mention the infidelity or just generalize the problems that led to divorce?

1. Debbi Lee Klopman

5

Answered . I agree with my colleague above --you should retain counsel. You need to establish that both your first and second marriages were bona fide and that neither of your husbands married you to obtain an immigration benefit. I would sit with qualified immigration counsel and review all of the documents you can present to establish that both marriages were bona fide. If that evidence includes evidence of your first husband's extra marital relationships, then include it. Good luck to you!

2. J Charles Ferrari

3

Answered . What would be the purpose of doing so?

3. F. J. Capriotti III

4

Answered . You can mention the infidelity .... if you wish ... it probably won't 'help' the new husband's papers.

You definitely should hire an attorney to help you.