Should I mail the last three years tax return when filing for green card based on marriage ?

Houston, TX |

I got the new one 2012, How about 2011 and 2010, i have both tax returns as well, should i include them in the package ?

Why not, especially if they demonstrate stable income high enough to support an immigrant.

Att. number 917-885-2261 This advice does not create an attorney client relationship. No specific legal advice may be offered by the lawyer until a conflicts check is undertaken. Information sent through a web form or via email may not be treated as confidential. Please accept my apologies for spelling mistakes. Law Office of Alena Shautsova , New York Immigration Attorney http://www.shautsova.com Blog: http://www.russianspeakinglawyerny.com

Actually the last one is above the poverty line but the other two are not

Alena Shautsova

Alena Shautsova

It is really up to you. There is an option to do it. You must submit the mot recent one, you may submit the two prior to the most recent one. If they don't look so good, maybe you reserve them, if the officer asks for it, then you will show them. Good luck to you!

thank you, but they ask in form I-864 about the last three year income and i wrote that she made below the poverty line

Alena Shautsova

Alena Shautsova

They ask for the amounts, not returns. You have an option to submit them. If you are confused about this process, you should really seek attorney's help for filing your application forms.

You can but do not have to.

No. Only one year is required under the current law, unless you are in Immigration COurt.

www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.For legal advice please contact us directly through one of the above.

Yes, t is good to submit copies of your last 3 years tax returns, especially if you have filed any of these tax returns jointly.

Disclaimer: The information provided here is generalized and should not be relied upon as legal advice. This communication does not create an attorney-client relationship.

You can submit three.

Samuel Ouya Maina, Esq. 415.391.6612 s.ouya@mainalaw.com Law Offices of S. Ouya Maina, PC 332 Pine Street, Suite 707 San Francisco, CA 94104

Should i submit 2010 and 2011 if my wife didn't make enough money those years ?

You are only required to submit last year's tax returns (and associated W2's), but if you have the 2011 and the 2010 ready to go, I would recommend that you submit them as well. Go ahead and answer the questions regarding your income for 2012, 2011 and 2010.

Marriage and prenups topics