Skip to main content

Should I look for a good Attorney to represent me in a civil suit against California Department of Corrections, Parole Division?

Oakland, CA |

I was on parole for two days when the parole division informed me that the alleged victim in my case signed a form not allowing me to live in the same county as him. This forced me out of my home of Santa Clara County. It was the Parole Agents idea to make me reside homeless in Alameda County, against my will and where there are no homeless shelters that are in compliant with Jessica’s Law, public or private (My parole conditions require me to comply with Jessica’s Law) I have been on the streets now for over a year.

Attorney Answers 2


You should contact an attorney that handles parolee cases. I have doubts that you may sue the agent

The above is not intended as legal advice. The response does not constitute the creation of an attorney client relationship as this forum does not provide for a confidential communication.

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees


So, you want to sue the state of California, but have no money and expect an attorney to take it on a contingency fee basis. Perhaps you should contact the ACLU. Otherwise get local counsel for this.

R. Jason de Groot, Esq., 386-337-8239

Mark as helpful

Civil rights topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics