Should I just file for uncontested divorce?

Asked 6 months ago - San Antonio, TX

my husband and I have been married for 3 years and I am 24. He is national guard now from active duty. We have no children and no household(living with his mom). I am just very emotionally drained from the treatment he's had towards me: lying, his anger, caught him talking to women in ways you shouldn't(sexually/flirting) and talking like they are in a relationship, I do feel scared of him at times during arguments, the things he says and calls me, mind games, the feeling of him only caring about himself and not anybody else or if it will affect our marriage. I just feel very alone and don't have the strength to continue this marriage. I've dealt with everything hoping he would change but he has yet to and I don't think he plans on wanting to.

1. Courtney Alyson Kaisand

4

1

Best Answer

Answered . I'm sorry to hear about your situation. The situation you describe, unfortunately, is not uncommon, particularly when two people get married at a young age, as you two did. Have you or he (or the two of you together) thought about going to counseling? If that isn't an option or has proven futile, then divorce is an option. Since you do not have children or significant property together, your divorce could likely be completed in less time and for less money than if your situation were more complicated. Speaking with a family law attorney should help you shed some light on your best course of action.

I certainly wish you the best.

2. Dennis R. Martin

Pro

4

1

Answered . Get a consultation with a lawyer who offers that service for free. You will learn that even an uncontested divorce with no children and no property requires a bit of expertise and experience. However, it does not have to be expensive. You may be able to get a fixed fee for an uncontested divorce and some lawyers accept payments.

3. JaPaula C Kemp

Pro

4

Answered . Filing for divorce is an option. Whether it will be uncontested depends on your and your spouse. If you cannot come to an agreement and come up with a final decree of divorce that is representative of that agreement, then the divorce will not be uncontested. Call and consult with a lawyer. Many give free consultations.