Should I include my Traffic Ticket (got Deferred Disposition, then dismissed) on government job application?

Asked 9 months ago - Houston, TX

I got a traffic ticket (failure to yield) in TX, was given Deferred Disposition and got the ticket dismissed after safety class and paying fines ($250). I got an Order of Dismissal form that states "Finding: Case Dismissed Discretionary DSC". I have not expunged this.
For a government job application (Questionnaire for Public Trust positions), it asks the question "In the last 7 years, have you been arrested for, CHARGED with, or CONVICTED of any crime(s)? (Leave out traffic fines of fees less than $150)".
Should I say YES? Technically (for deferred disp) I was not convicted but I still got the ticket (plead nolo -> deferred -> pay fine/course -> dismiss) and will it show on the govt background check? Also, b/c the fines were > $150 should I say YES even if the ticket was dismissed?

1. Daniel Nelson Deasy

2

Answered . Tell the truth on any job application as the government is gong to run a background check that will expose any missteps on your part!!

2. Kelvin P. Green

1

Answered . Technically you were charged. You were cited You paid a fine of $250

Do not play semantic games with these forms. A charge of this nature, if it is the only thing you have, won't affect a suitability decision but misrepresentation in almost always a disqualifier.

If it is deemed material intentional falsification you can be debarred from government service for up to three years. Even if it was expunged you have to list it... If you can't be honest on these firms you are not honest enough or have the character to hold a position of public trust with the US Government.