Skip to main content

Should I include my child that was adopted by my sister in the question about information about children in N-400 ?

Milford, CT |

my daughter and my sister are also permanent resident. My child's name was recently change in her green card and passport.

Attorney Answers 2

  1. Once your child is legally adopted its no longer your child. Just bring it up during the interview if you want tobe 100% safe.

  2. I agree with my colleague. You could be sure to mention that you had a child, but that the child was adopted, and therefore, is no longer consider you child for immigration purposes.

Immigration topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics