Should I hire an immigration attorney if I'd like to get a green card?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Chicago, IL

Please, give me really good reasons why I should hire an attorney to get a green card? Would it be wise if I hire someone from avvo, who have answered thousands of questions, and rated superb?

1. Alan James Brinkmeier

1

Answered . Try Mr. Dixler. See Find a Lawyer tab at the top of your screen.

2. Dhenu Mitesh Savla

Pro

1

Answered . You should consult with some attorneys and decide for yourself. There are a number of factors that go into finding a good attorney. Someone may be right for one person but not right for another.

Chicago has a number of good attorneys. Each of us is slightly different and we have different styles of working with clients. Myself, I work best with clients when there is clear and open communication. I prefer to communicate directly with clients rather than making them go through paralegals only. I also manage my own cases while some attorneys have other associates and paralegals manage cases.

As for whether you need an attorney, again, I think you should consult first to learn the risks to be able to make the decision yourself.

Dhenu Savla, Esq.
    SwagatUSA, LLC
    www.swagatusa.com/attorney

This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship and is not meant to be relied upon as legal advice.
  3. Judy A. Goldstein

Answered . Mary Helen Reyna of Bolingbrook is also an excellent choice. She practices exclusively in the area of immigration law. (630) 759-0101

4. F. J. Capriotti III

Answered . As I often tell people. I could work on my own automobile ... but it will take time to learn how to do it correctly, I may make expensive mistakes and I will get my hands dirty ... thus, I choose to go to a professional who has experience and the proper tools.

The choice is yours.

Using people who answer thousands, and thousands, of questions on Avvo is a good starting point.

It also depends on what type of greencard case you are considering.

I agree with my colleague ... I have known and worked with Mr. Dixlar for more than 15 years and still call upon him for Chicago-CIS related questions.