Should I hire an attorney,or wait and see

Asked about 1 year ago - East Fairfield, VT

father passed,now executor wont show us his will,or even tell us what lawyer wrote it.

1. James P. Frederick

3

Best Answer

Answered . I agree with my colleagues. In most cases, delaying action only makes things more complicated and expensive to sort out. It may be that once you file, it will force the "executor" to come forward. (By the way, there is NO executor unless and until one is appointed by the court). The nominated executor has no more authority than you or me until the Will is admitted to probate. Do not allow yourself to be bullied.

James Frederick

2. Gary Todd Dupler

Pro

3

Answered . Go ahead and find a probate attorney. The right attorney can only improve your situation. He or she can offer options, discuss fees, and push the investigation forward. The longer you wait, the more property may be "lost."

3. Celia R Reed

2

Answered . I would hire one now.