Should I hire an attorney for a non-major injury hit and run accident resulting in a totaled car?

Lawrence, KS |

The at fault driver hit me and another car resulting in a rollover accident for me . His insurance is not accepting liability since he hired an attorney so I filed my claim with mine and the result is a total loss . The amount offered does not cover what I owe on the car and I have been without transportation for almost 2 weeks while the claim is being processed . The Highway Patrol informed me that the at fault driver is being charged with reckless driving and leaving the scene of an accident and has a warrant and formal complaint issued . I have no major injuries , but the doctor indicated I am showing signs of PTSD along with normal stiffness and soreness . I have a lot of anxiety as I must commute to work every day on the same highway . Do I have grounds for a settlement ? Thank you .

That would be prudent. Use Avvo's "find a lawyer" tool for a lawyer in your city. Good luck.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com

Yes. Retain a personal injury attorney in your area to represent your interests.

I would advise hiring a lawyer in this situation.

Hire a good injury lawyer for sure. Be patient-- make sure you know the full extent if your injuries. Don't mess around. Lots of good lawyers would love this case.

You should talk with a personal injury lawyer as soon as possible. It sounds like you have a valid claim. Although you have two years to file a lawsuit for an auto accident in Kansas, you should not delay talking with an attorney. It is very important to begin the process of gathering information and evidence so that you can either obtain a fair settlement or be prepared to go to trial.

This response provides general information only. This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship and it is not intended as legal advice.

Contact and consult with a personal injury attorney. Go to the "find a lawyer" tab and look for one near Lawrence.