Should I hire a personal injury lawyer?

Asked 7 months ago - Phoenix, AZ

I was in a mva on 8/11/13. Other vehicle was cited with failure to yield causing accident. I was 7 months pregnant. I suffered lower extremity bruising on both legs and cuts from airbags under steering column. Also bruising on chest from seatbelt. I was taken by ambulance & was monitored for 4hrs at hospital during which I had blood drawn 4 times, bruising and cuts were treated with ice packs, had an ultrasound, and fetal monitoring. I was in pain. My face hurt from airbag (no injury), I had trouble getting up by myself, lower back hurt. I could barely walk. My car was going to be declared a total loss due to guy's property limit was less than my damage est. I am seeing a chiropractor. His ins co. offered me $500 which I think is a major slap in the face! They've offered $800 now.

1. Eric W Robinson

16

Answered . Yes, you absolutely should discuss this with a local personal injury attorney. There are plenty of qualified local attorneys who will offer a free consultation to discuss your case. Do not talk to the insurance company anymore until you meet with your lawyer. And when you go in for your consultation, bring with you all of the correspondence with the insurance company along with any other documentation from the accident.

2. Kevin Coluccio

12

Answered . Yes - you should contact and consult with a personal injury attorney in your community. You can go to the "find an attorney" tab and look for one in your area. Many are active on this website.

3. Francis M Smith

Pro

12

Answered . Do you really think the insurance company has any interest in being fair to you? Find a highly rated Avvo attorney and consult regarding all the details of the accident and your injury.

4. Shoshana Kunin-Leavitt

12

Answered . Yes. And do so quickly. Good luck.

5. David Herman Hirsch

11

Answered . As indicated by the responses from the other attorneys, yes you need to consult with a personal injury attorney to assist you. Personal injury attorneys typically handle cases on a contingency fee basis and give free consultations. Use the Find a Lawyer tab on Avvo to find one in your area. Best of luck to you...

THESE COMMENTS MUST NOT BE CONSIDERED LEGAL ADVICE. Comments made on websites such as Avvo.com are provided for information purposes only, and you should not base a decision to act or refrain from acting based upon this answer. The only way to determine how the law may apply to your particular situation is to consult with an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction. Answering this question does not create an attorney-client relationship or otherwise require further consultation. That relationship is established by the execution of a written agreement for legal services. Also, see Avvo's terms and conditions of use, specifically item 9, incorporated by this reference.

Pro

11

Answered . Have a local personal injury lawyer investigate. Avvo has a "find a lawyer" tool to locate a top-rated Avvo lawyer with a low contingency fee. Good luck.

7. Bruce M Squire

9

Answered . Don't subject yourself to further insults from the insurance company. Get a free consultation from a personal injury lawyer who can explain your rights and options.

8. David Ian Schoen

Pro

10

Answered . Stop talking to the insurance company and immediately consult with an experienced AZ personal injury attorney.

9. C. Donald Briggs III

Pro

9

Answered . As you have seen already, the insurance company has no interest in being fair with you. You should consult with a local personal injury lawyer and let the lawyer maximize your recovery.

10. Daniel Matthew McLafferty

Pro

7

Answered . You should absolutely contact a personal injury attorney. Your injuries sound substantial and the amount you have been offered will likely not even be enough to pay for the ambulance ride, let alone subsequent medical treatment, lost income, pain and suffering, etc.

Your number one priority should be to seek medical treatment and to follow your doctor's advice. This will not only help you recovery, but it will help preserve your claim for damages. Go to a medical doctor ASAP.

Most personal injury attorneys will provide a free consultation to discuss your case and how they can help. Insurance companies generally pay out more when a claimant plays hard ball with an attorney. Contact a few local attorneys today.

I hope this helps. Good luck.

11. C. Andrew Campbell

3

Answered . Contact a personal injury attorney. You can use the find a lawyer feature on this website. Good luck.