Should i hire a malpractice attorney????

Asked about 2 years ago - Syracuse, NY

I went to the er with abdominal pain and bleeding. i was told i was pregnant and it was possible i was having a miscarriage after tests they decided that they wld keep me over night. something was seen that could be on or in my falopian tube but they werent sure. i stayed over night and they released me in the morning. 3 days later my tube ruptured and i had to have emergency surgery

1. Brian C. Pascale

Pro

2

Answered . You definitely should contact a local Medical Malpractice Attorney. Be careful, typically you only have a two and half year statute of limitations. It is far shorter if it was a municipal hospital and there is a ninety day deadline to file your Notice of Claim if it is. Call one immediately.

2. Michael Charles Conway

1

Answered . It is certainly worth looking into. As already indicated, you have a 2.5 year statute of limitations and shorter periods for municipal hospitals. You would need to demonstrate that the providers deviated from accepted medicAl practices in releasing you- and that the deciation caused damages.

3. Jeff D. DeFrancisco

Pro

Answered . It sounds like you had an ectopic pregnancy that was missed. My office has handled those types of cases before if you are interested in speaking to us. Our law office number is 315-479-9000. Jeff

4. Daniel Joseph Miller

1

Answered . I ups Agee with the other answers and add that I have a case currently just like this one. In addition to what everyone else has said It will likely depend I what if anything could have been done originally to save the tube and what the permanent damages are. In a ectopic pregnancy sometimes you can get rid with a pill other times you still need an operation. Get a lawyer involved who has done this before.