Should i hire a malpractice attorney????

Syracuse, NY |
Filed under: Medical malpractice

I went to the er with abdominal pain and bleeding. i was told i was pregnant and it was possible i was having a miscarriage after tests they decided that they wld keep me over night. something was seen that could be on or in my falopian tube but they werent sure. i stayed over night and they released me in the morning. 3 days later my tube ruptured and i had to have emergency surgery

1. You definitely should contact a local Medical Malpractice Attorney. Be careful, typically you only have a two and half year statute of limitations. It is far shorter if it was a municipal hospital and there is a ninety day deadline to file your Notice of Claim if it is. Call one immediately.

Mr. Pascale is licensed to practice law in the State of New York. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and time-lines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Pascale strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in their state in order to insure proper advice is received.

2. It is certainly worth looking into. As already indicated, you have a 2.5 year statute of limitations and shorter periods for municipal hospitals. You would need to demonstrate that the providers deviated from accepted medicAl practices in releasing you- and that the deciation caused damages.

3. I ups Agee with the other answers and add that I have a case currently just like this one. In addition to what everyone else has said It will likely depend I what if anything could have been done originally to save the tube and what the permanent damages are. In a ectopic pregnancy sometimes you can get rid with a pill other times you still need an operation. Get a lawyer involved who has done this before.

The response herein is for informational purposes only is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. I am a lawyer licensed in the State of Maryland only, and I am not your lawyer (unless you have been in my office and signed a contract). This communication is not intended as legal advice, and no attorney client relationship results. Please consult your own attorney for legal advice.

4. It sounds like you had an ectopic pregnancy that was missed. My office has handled those types of cases before if you are interested in speaking to us. Our law office number is 315-479-9000. Jeff