Should I hire a lawyer if I was caught driving on a suspended license and gave false information?

Gainesville, GA |

My license was double suspended for marijuana possession when I was young. I filled the requirements on the first suspension and am in the second. I was caught driving to work, I panicked and told the trooper I was my sister, but thought better of it and told him the truth. Can hiring an attorney help me on my court date?

Yes!

If you have any further questions about this or any other topic, please feel free to call me at 404-923-0446. All initial phone calls are free. By answering this question, there is no established attorney/client priviledge with Rohan Law, PC. Therefore you cannot rely solely on this information to form the basis of a legal opinion regarding your rights and responsibilities. If you believe that your case requires additional attention, you should contract an attorney to represent you directly.

Absolutely you need to hire an attorney and sooner rather than later as you are facing mandatory jail time as well as an additional license suspension. You are welcome to contact me regarding this matter.

P Darrell Kimbrell

The information is provided for general purposes only and should not be relied upon. You are advised to consult with an attorney of your choosing, who can advise you on the particular facts and options in your case. No attorney-client relationship is intended or formed absent you executing a signed fee agreement. P. Darrell Kimbrell is licensed to practice law in the State of Georgia. Information provided is based only on Georgia law, and is not directly applicable to any other jurisdictions, states, or districts. This response, or any response, is not legal advice nor does such response create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information. Any state specific concerns should be directed to an attorney who is licensed to practice law in that respective state.

If you hired a lawyer on your first case your license would never have need suspended. Apply that lesson to this situation.

someone who represents themselves in these circumstances has a fool for a client

If you have further questions, call me at 770-904-5115. The information and opinion rendered herein is done as a courtesy and is for general informational purposes. Nothing herein may be construed by any party as to give rise to an attorney-client relationship.

Yes, a lawyer can advise you as to how to get your license reinstated and then convince a prosecutor to reduce or dismiss your charge. Otherwise, pleading guilty to this charge will get your license suspended an additional 6 months. Please let me know if I can be of assistance; I have handled hundreds of similar cases.

An attorney is the best way in can solve this matter to your benefit.

Darrell B. Reynolds Attorney and Counselor At Law
2385 Lawrenceville Highway,
Suite, D
Decatur, Georgia. 30033
404-636-6616

Traffic tickets topics