Skip to main content

Should I hire a lawyer? I was hit on a car accident a week ago, I sustained some injuries, and new ones coming everyday...

Kissimmee, FL |

My left hand is bad, I cant move my wrist, I have so many questions, I don't know what to do... :(

Hi everybody. Thanks for taking your time and give me your professional opinion. I appreciate that. A car accident brings injuries but also an emotional impact in our lives; emotional impact that sometimes bring feelings that you never felt before, and make you react in different ways that you never expect it! Sometimes you need a starting point , something that make you react, and that includes asking a question on Avvo, again I appreciate your opinion and thank you all for your time. Have a great day!

Attorney Answers 11

  1. Best answer

    Hire a lawyer. Essentially, insurance carriers try to negotiate every dollar they can, because every $100 means millions in the end to the Board of Directors.

    Even in soft tissue injuries, those tissues stretch and scar, or cause corresponding pressure on nerves in the spinal cord, leaving behind permanent problems for some. I have had clients need surgeries years later because of a bulging disk and have their entire world collapse for what seemed inconsequential at the time. Insurance companies want you to settle as soon as possible and treat as little as possible. Attorneys matter. They change their gameplan when a lawyer is involved. It seems like your injuries are more serious.

    For that reason - and the misinformation by TV lawyers and referral services- is why people should consult lawyers who take the time like on sites like this. Because of the economy, more lawyers are jumping into personal injury and should stick to what they know. Personal injury law REQUIRED knowledge about medical science and biomechanics (the forces on a body in a wreck) far greater and more specific than you'd think. The other side has doctors and millions on their side to say nothing is wrong or fight the claim. If you have any further questions, feel free to email me- Check out our website- We'd love to help you. Our number is 800-6-know-law.

    Please CLICK the button if I HELPED or was BEST ANSWER. We also answer your questions on facebook-, on twitter- @athleticslawyer and our radio show, Courts & Sports, on WOKV. Please like or follow us. No attorney-client relationship is established and responses here are general first impressions. You should consult with a lawyer about your problems. More about our firm is located at

  2. If you were injured due to the negligence of another driver, retain a personal injury lawyer in your city. If the accident was your fault, report the accident to your insurance company to resolve.

    Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755

  3. You should contact a local personal injury ASAP. Most offer free consultations. Do not talk to the other insurance company.

    Good luck.

    DISCLAIMER: David J. McCormick is licensed to practice law in the State of Wisconsin and this answer is being provided for informational purposes only because the laws of your jurisdiction may differ. This answer based on general legal principles and is not intended for the purpose of providing specific legal advice or opinions. Under no circumstances does this answer constitute the establishment of an attorney-client relationship.

  4. Yes. You should contact an experienced and aggressive attorney as soon as possible to protect your rights. Make sure you ask questions of whomever you retain.

    Please visit my website at the link below with any questions or for more information.

    Until you retain this firm and we have an attorney client relationship, nothing stated above should ever be construed as legal advice on which you may rely in your actions. If you would like to discuss further, please contact me. Jason Holbrook, Esq. Holbrook Law Sarasota Office 1990 Main Street Suite 750 Sarasota, FL 34236 (888) 908-7824 toll free (941) 538-7878 phone (941) 538-7879 fax

  5. Yes hire a lawyer in the Orlando area. You should easily find many to choose from. Good luck.

    I am not your lawyer and an answer on AVVO is not intended as legal advice but is provided for general informational purposes only. If you desire legal advice, please consult a lawyer and form an attorney client relationship.

  6. I would say yes, you should hire an attorney. You should also seek any necessary medical treatment.

  7. Contact a Florida attorney immediately. Also, seek immediate medical care. However, any attorney you hire should be able to assist you with your medical treatment and lost wages. Feel free to visit my site at or call with questions.

    Legal Disclaimer: If this information has been helpful, please indicate below. Mr. Shiner is licensed to practice law in the State and Federal Courts of Florida. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and time lines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Shiner strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in your state in order to ensure proper advice is received. To learn more about David I. Shiner or the Shiner Law Group, P.A. please call our office at (561) 368-3363 or toll free at 1 (855) 368-3363 or visit website at or

  8. You should consult with a local personal injury attorney to review your case. I hope you found my answer helpful.

  9. I agree with my collegues and again suggest you seek out and speak to a qualified Florida personal injury attorney immediately. The process of making a claim for personal injury can be complicated and requires an attorney that practices daily in personal injury law. Do not let an insurance company speak with you and do not sign any insurance company documentation until you consult with an attorney. There are many qualified Florida personal injury attorneys on Avvo that would be glad to speak with you and evaluate your case. Let an attorney handle your case so you can focus on getting better.

    Ian M. Thomas, Esq. - Perenich Caulfield Avril & Noyes, P.A. - The above answer should not be construed to constitute legal advice and does not create an attorney-client relationship. This information is intended as educational only and you should seek a qualified and experienced lawyer with questions about your legal rights. The hiring of a lawyer is an important decision that should not be based solely upon advertisements. Before you decide, ask for free written information about the lawyer's or law firm's qualifications and experience.

  10. These questions rather surprize me. First thing's first: go see a DOCTOR and get treated for your injuries. The lawyers will be there, and will benefit greatly from having a professional diagnosis of all the things you are suffering from. After seeing the doctor do not wait -- do seek legal counsel.

  11. As everyone has previously stated, you should contact a personal injury attorney right away. More importantly, you should seek medical treatment if any of the symptoms call for it. Your health is the number one priority. If you were or weren't at fault, you may be interested in reading my article about Personal Injury Protection. It will give you an insight into how some of your medical bills can be paid right away. If you have any questions, always feel free to contact me at Lucas, Green & Magazine.