Should I hire a lawyer?

Asked over 1 year ago - Janesville, WI

My wife had a surgery on her arm, it was an ulnar nerve entrapment surgery. It has been 7 weeks now since the surgery, she has seen her neurologist again and he did another test on her arm and the damage is worse now than it was before the surgery. Now the neurologist says that the damage to the nerve in her arm could be permanent and now she has no feeling in the on the side of ur hand and constant pain and nobody will do anything

1. David B Pittman

Pro

6

Answered . You can contact a medical malpractice attorney in your area to see if it has a case. The question that needs to be addressed is did the doctors treatment of your wife breach the standard of care? This might be a risk of the surgery that she signed off on the consent to perform the surgery. There are too many variables to give a conclusive answer so I suggest consulting with a medical malpractice attorney and getting answers. Good luck!

Pro

6

Answered . If another doctor thinks there was malpractice, by all means. The only way to know if there was malpractice is to retain a local med mal lawyer who can order the medical records and send them to an expert to review to ascertain whether there was a breach of the standard of care. I’m sorry, but my firm only handles birth injury cases, failure to diagnose cancer cases, and wrong site surgery cases.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com
  3. Brandy Ann Peeples

Pro

3

Answered . My colleagues are correct. Unfortunately, medical science is not perfect (although we'd like it to be). You'd need another medical professional to determine whether the pain your wife is suffering as a result of the surgery is a known complication or whether the doctor breached the applicable standard of care. Consult with a medical malpractice attorney in your area for guidance.

4. Kevin Coluccio

2

Answered . I would take the opportunity to contact and consult with a medical malpractice attorney.

5. David McCormack

1

Answered . The fact that the injury did not improve through surgery is not malpractice in and of itself. A lawyer would need to prove that a negligent act of the surgeon resulted in her present condition. All surgeries do not guarantee improvement. You would be wise, however, to obtain your wife's medical records and have them reviewed by an experienced medical malpractice attorney.