Should I hire a criminal defense attorney?

I am currently on deferred adjudication probation for a felony charge with no violations in the past 3 years. I was arrested last week on a criminal mischief charge $50 to $500. Will an automatic MTR be filed or is it at the discretion of my probation officer. Also is there anything I can do, if an MTR is filed, to stay out of jail before I see the judge? The criminal mischief charge is due to a person that "claims" I broke her window but has no proof. Can I fight this charge to get it dismissed?

Arlington, TX -

Attorney Answers (2)

Theresa Cay Langford

Theresa Cay Langford

Criminal Defense Attorney - Addison, TX

The Motion to Revoke is not automatic, but under the facts you present, you should expect it to happen. If the complaint was filed, and accepted by the DA's office, then it is not going to just get dismissed. You will need an attorney to address to both issues. The sooner the better.

Phillip Darrell Kimbrell

Phillip Darrell Kimbrell

Criminal Defense Attorney - Atlanta, GA

While I do not practice in Texas, my suggetion is that you hire an attorney to represent your interest as soon as possible. A skilled and experienced attorney can guide you through this process. Good Luck.

P. Darrell Kimbrell

Related Advice

Questions? An attorney can help.

Ask a Question
Free & anonymous.
Find a Lawyer
Free. No commitment.