Should i go to the hospital if a car hit my house?

Asked over 1 year ago - Bridgeport, CT

the whole house shook and the impack was like a plane hit the house, me and my nine month year old son was in the room that got hit.

1. S. David Rosenthal Esquire

Pro

4

Answered . You should go to the hospital if you or your son were injured. The fact that the car hit your house, in and of itself, is not the deciding factor. I suggest you get looked at if there is any question that you or your son were hurt or either of you have any symptoms of pain or discomfort. If you or your son are hurt, you should later consult with an attorney.

2. Randy William Ferguson

4

Answered . If there is any chance you are injured, you should get medical treatment.

3. Kevin Coluccio

4

Answered . It is always important to seek proper medical care if there is a chance that you or your family members have suffered any injuries.

4. Max L Rosenberg

Pro

1

Answered . I am going to go the other way and respectfully disagree with all of my colleagues. You were in a house. Where do we draw the line. Did something hit you? No! Did something fall on you? Not that you mentioned. Did the house vibrate and you think you have post traumatic stress? Please! You are going to waste your time and money if you invest in this nonsense case. I can not imagine an attorney willing to take this case for personal injury. I can not imagine an insurance company willing to settle this case for personal injury. You must have some serious Emotional Distress. Maybe seeking psychiatric help would be more appropriate if you wish to have a viable personal injury case. Of course this is just one lawyer's opinion, who like you, is from Bridgeport. Good luck. Great question.

5. Lars A. Lundeen

Pro

2

Answered . You should obtain needed medical care and treatment immediately and follow the doctor's advice. Do not give any statement to the adverse party or insurance company nor grant them access to any medical records. Photograph the injuries and the damage done to any property. Contact a personal injury attorney in your area as soon as possible so that you can protect your rights. You may also find it helpful to review the Legal Guides I have published on Avvo.com dealing with many of the issues you are now facing.

Legal Disclaimer:

If this information has been helpful, please indicate below.

Mr. Lundeen is licensed to practice law in Florida and Vermont. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Lundeen strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in your state in order to ensure proper advice is received.