Skip to main content

Should I go to small claim court for this Property Disputes - nuisance and trespassing case?

Oklahoma City, OK |

Our backyard boards a private Golf Course with chain-link fences. Their golfers frequently shot balls into my backyard; broke patio window and put my two years old boy's life in danger. The golfers are also jump over the fence to retrieve their balls. We are currently unable to use our backyard. The course refused to put up a net or replace a large tree they have cut down. That tree had blocked some of the shots. The excuse: we assumed the risk. There are lawyers wanted to change an arm or leg without a promising result. I am thinking to go to small claim court to request the golf course to pay for the net and the cost of planning trees. The total should be less than $6000. However, the course will have their insurance lawyer there to help them. What should I do?

Attorney Answers 1


This dispute is bigger than a small claim. You really need to hire that lawyer. The golf course will out lawyer you if you try it alone. I have IL experience on this kind of dispute so I know. Hire an OK lawyer.

Mark as helpful

Lawsuits and disputes topics

Recommended articles about Lawsuits and disputes

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics