Should I get my temporary consent order finalized?

Asked about 2 years ago - Calhoun, GA

All I need to know is if I could use a temporary consent order for custody and child support (paid to me) in court if I brought up a case or if a case is brought against me.

Attorney answers (4)

  1. Darrell Brinnett Reynolds Sr.

    Contributor Level 17


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Not sure I understand your question. But a temporary order does not mean that the results will be the same at a final hearing. You need an attorney to represent you now! Not tomorrow but right now!

    Darrell B. Reynolds,
    Attorney and Counselor at Law
    2385 Lawrenceville Highway, Ste D
    Decatur, Ga. 30033

  2. Glen Edward Ashman


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . A temporary order means whatever it says can be changed. Discuss this with your lawyer.

    If you find this answer helpful, please mark it here on AVVO as helpful. In answering you, I am attempting to... more
  3. Patrick Lehmon Meriwether


    Contributor Level 11


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . While many Judges take notice of temporary orders, they are not required to make them final orders of the Court in a contested case. I have had custody and support switched and changed at a final hearing. Of course, if the parties like the temporary custody and support arrangment, the parties can usually have those terms incorporated into a Final Consent Order.

  4. Ikemesit Amajak Eyo

    Contributor Level 18

    Answered . Whether you can use the temporary order in a case brought by or against you depends on the contents of the order, the nature of the case, and the status of the case that issued the temporary order.

    I recognize that this was your attempt to reword your question so as to get an actual answer. Unfortunately, it just is not possible to give you an actual answer without much more information. And of course, it makes perfect sense that you would not want to put that amount of information on a public website. You really are going to have to actually call an attorney for guidance, even if you're not yet ready to hire one for assistance.

    I hope this information helps give direction on how you can answer your question(s).

    ~ Kem Eyo

    The above answer is a general explanation of legal rights and procedures. It does not constitute legal advice. Nor... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

25,712 answers this week

2,891 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

25,712 answers this week

2,891 attorneys answering