Should i get an attorney for unpaid wages?

Belleville, IL |

I currently have an IDOL rep. auditing and investigating below minimum wage pay and overtime pay! Should i also seek an attorney to help advise me an make sure i get what is due to me? How do i find out how much i am owed? Should i try an ask the attorney i have that wants to represent me on my retalitory discharge?

1. It would be a good idea to contact an experienced attorney. You may have claims other than IDOL claims that the IDOL will not help you with. Many experienced employment attorneys, myself included, wil provide a free consultation.

This answer is provided for informational purposes only and should not be relied on as legal advice. You should be aware that no attorney-client relationship is established through this answer and none will be established without a personal consultation and the signing of an engagement agreement.

2. You do not indicate the basis for the retaliatory discharge claim but experienced employment counsel should be able to provide one-stop services for you.