Should i get an attorney for a dwi charge?

I recently got a dwi, but I was at my house. I had 4 beers between 5-8 pm, drove approx. 20 miles, then got sucked into some snow and went off the road. I got a ride home. Later on a nys trooper and local officer showed up at my house, and proceeded to give me a sobriety test and breathalizer test in which i failed both. Then, took me to nys barracks and gave me my tickets.

Tupper Lake, NY -

Howard A. Schwartz

Howard A. Schwartz

DUI / DWI Attorney - Brooklyn, NY

You should certainly have an attorney for DWI cases as the ramifications could be serious. You should not be posting facts about any criminal case on the internet as it will serve no useful purpose. I suggest consulting with a local criminal defense attorney and saving any conversation for a face to face meeting. If you are unable to afford counsel, it is possible the court will appoint one to represent you.

Sponsored Listing
Joseph A Lo Piccolo

Joseph A Lo Piccolo

DUI / DWI Attorney - Garden City, NY

You need an attorney. There are many issues both positive and negative on this fact pattern.

Joseph A. Lo Piccolo, Esq.
Immediate Past President, Criminal Courts Bar Association 11'-12'
Hession Bekoff & Lo Piccolo
1103 Stewart Ave, Suite 200
Garden City, NY 11530
516-408-3666 (o) / 516-408-3833 (f)
Jlopiccolo@hbclaw.net

Eric Edward Rothstein

Eric Edward Rothstein

Criminal Defense Attorney - New York, NY

Of course. You want a criminal defense lawyer who knows how to handle a DWI case.

Michael Steven Pollok

Michael Steven Pollok

DUI / DWI Attorney - Red Hook, NY

Yes I agree, you need an attorney and may be able to get the charges dismissed depending on the amount of time elapsed and what their proof of operation of the vehicle is. Do they have a civilian witness or is the trooper claiming he saw you operating the vehicle. The trooper is probably relying on incriminating statements you made to prove their case which is not enough legal evidence to convict you even if the statements are not suppressed.

Jay K Goldberg

Jay K Goldberg

Yes, A good attorney should be able to help and may even get the charges dismisssed.

Michael J Palumbo

Michael J Palumbo

DUI / DWI Attorney

They can never prove the case retain counsel and have it dismissed! And BTW, next time the police knock on your door, DON'T LET THEM IN! IT'S YOUR RIGHT!

John Paul Thygerson

John Paul Thygerson

DUI / DWI Attorney - Norwalk, CT

You absolutely need an attorney!

Jayson Lutzky

Jayson Lutzky

Divorce / Separation Lawyer - Bronx, NY

Absolutely get an attorney experienced in DWI cases it will help.

Anthony M Salerno

Anthony M Salerno

Criminal Defense Attorney - Worcester, MA

Short of you making a statement or providing a written account of your operation of the vehicle, ,you may have a valid defense. The time delay along with a number of other favorable factors in you case, suggest you contact an experienced DWI attorney