Should I get a lawyer to get my 20 year revoked Illinois driver's license back after two DUIs?

Grayslake, IL |

Should I get a lawyer to get my 20 year revoked Illinois driver's license back after two DUIs? I have had two DUIs, both involving an accident. The first one was in 1986, and I blew a 3. something. The second one was in 1992, and the other party was injured. I did not blow for that one. My Illinois driver's license was revoked. I tried to get it back some time ago but was denied. I have now been sober for the last nine years. I do not go to AA meetings very much, do not have a sponsor, but still manage to stay sober. How do I get my revoked license back after 20 years? Do you know the approximate costs involved? What steps should I take to get the license back?

License Reinstatement following DUI convictions is complicated and without a lawyer, the process can be confusing and difficult. Hiring a knowledgeable attorney witll, IMHO, save you time and money.

Every case varies depending on the law and the facts. Because questions often fail to disclose important facts, these 'answers' cannot and should not be relied upon as a replacement for a full or complete review of an actual case by a retained attorney. It is axiomatic that one only 'gets what they pay for', and this is one of those situations where such a phrase generally applies.

I can definitely help you get your license back. Here are the steps... 1. Meet with a license reinstatement lawyer who has experience with your type of issues. 2. If you have a copy of your denial letter, bring that to the meeting so the attorney can break down the problems the Secretary of State had with your original testimony. 3. After meeting with your attorney, obtain all of the necessary treatment documents for the hearing itself including an updated evaluation and sobriety letters, etc. 4. Prepare for the hearing with your lawyer. 5. Go to the formal hearing at the Secretary of State's office. The costs should be in the thousands. Feel free to contact my office for a free consultation. Click on the link to take a look at our website.

John Callahan

Alexander M. Ivakhnenko

Alexander M. Ivakhnenko

Excellent advice.

You do not have to attend AA in order to have your Illinois license back after two DUIs. There are steps to take to get your license back after 20 years. You need a cooperative evaluator to endorse a non traditional support program. You need the evaluator to compose a response to the denial decision, complete an evaluation, undergo a treatment needs assessment and obtain letters to document your abstinence and NTS. There may be more depending upon the specifics of your case. Fees are generally higher in Chicago and Joliet and we all have the same law license. You can have a hearing in Chicago, Joliet, Springfield or Mt. Vernon if a formal hearing is required which it probably is (depending upon exactly what happened to the fiirst DUI).

If you are unable to get your license back in IL, you still may be able to qualify for a Colorado license.

Congratulations on 9 years of sobriety. It sounds like you should be in a position to make a strong argument to the Secretary of State for license reinstatement. Because you are going to have to participate in a hearing that is like a mini-trial, you really should have help from a lawyer to make sure you do this the right way. When you meet with your lawyer, bring them a copy of any documentation you have from the time you tried to get your license back. If you don't have any because it's been so long, don't worry about it. Just give your attorney as much info as you can about it, and they can start digging. Your attorney can work with you to select an evaluator for an updated eval. And, you'll work together to compile other evidence to present at the hearing. You will likely testify at the hearing, so your attorney can help prep your for this...review questions she will ask you, talk about questions you may be asked by the other representative, and discuss points that are crucial to your ultimate success. After a lot of work preparing for the hearing with your attorney, you should be set to go before the hearing officer and really explain to them why you are now, after 9 years of sobriety, ready to be a responsible driver. Lawyers charge for services in a variety of different ways, so it's best to call and speak with someone individually about their protocol. We'd be happy to discuss your case with you. (312) 888-5833. Best of luck on your attempt. It sounds like you have earned it.

Tiffany Ritchie
www.srtriallawyers.com
(312) 888-5833

You need to have a formal hearing with the Illinois Secretary of State. While a ILSOS hearing officer likes to hear that a person is in AA and has a sponser and/or sponsers others, your nine years of sobriety will still help you to get your license back. For an experienced ILSOS reinstatement attorney, you are looking at attorneys' fees and costs in the ballpark of 5K.

DUI court topics