Should I get a lawyer now?

Asked over 2 years ago - Chicago, IL

workers comp claim.. Hurt at work 2010 lower back surgery . Had two epidural within month. being force to work PT with numbness still in two toes and back pain. Still on Meds. Filed disability claim.

Attorney answers (6)

  1. Charles Joseph Michael Candiano


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Hire an experienced WC attorney immediately! You need to have an advocate protecting your interests and getting whatever care your doctor has ordered.

    If this information has been helpful, please indicate by clicking the up icon. Legal Disclaimer: Mr.... more
  2. Steven Charles Giacoletto

    Contributor Level 11


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . To answer your question ---Yes, immediatly.

  3. Steven Adam Sigmond

    Contributor Level 13


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . YES! You need an experienced workers comp attorney on your side. You still have time to file a formal application for benefits at the Illinois Workers Compensation Commission. You need to call a workers comp lawyer right away.

    Filing a disability claim is a whole different thing. It will not get you the workers comp benefits that you are entitled to receive.

    As to being forced to work with numbness, that doesn't sound right. BUT, this is a tricky issue that needs to be handled the right way so as to protect you job, further your case and make sure that you get the medical attention that you need. There are some factors that should be discussed confidentially. That's why it is so important that you hire an attorney.

    Steven A. Sigmond
    Law Office of Steven A. Sigmond
    345 N. Canal #1208
    Chicago, IL. 60606
    (312) 756-1186

    This answer is general information and should not be considered "legal advice." Proper legal advice can only be... more
  4. Stephen Laurence Hoffman


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . No doubt if if required surgery you need a lawyer.

    Stephen L. Hoffman
    Law Office of Stephen L. Hoffman LLC
    Chicago, IL

    This answer posted on Avvo is for informational and educational purposes only. There is no attorney-client... more
  5. David J. McCormick

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . If you are working when you feel you are not capable of doing the work, then you need a worker’s comp, attorney and some new work restrictions from your surgeon. If you had lower back surgery then your case will get complicated. I would recommend at least talking with an attorney since most offer free consultations.

    Good luck.

    DISCLAIMER: David J. McCormick is licensed to practice law in the State of Wisconsin and this answer is being... more
  6. C Steven Moskos

    Contributor Level 14


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Yes.

    The information provided should not be considered legal advice. I am not licensed to practice in any State other... more

Related Topics

Types of personal injuries

There are many types of personal injuries for which financial damages can be awarded, including physical, emotional, and psychological injuries.

Work-related personal injuries

Employees can sue for damages if they’ve suffered work-related injuries. These lawsuits are separate from workers’ compensation and cover more kinds of injury.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

18,117 answers this week

2,415 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

18,117 answers this week

2,415 attorneys answering