Skip to main content

Should I get a lawyer

Atlanta, GA |

i had a step ladder give way and caused me to fall back and hurt my back . i reported it and saw a doctor on their list and was put on light duty . and must have a follow up in 7 days

Attorney Answers 9

  1. Was it at work or home? At the minimum, you should call several lawyers (worker's comp if you were hurt at work or product liabiliy if you were injured at home) for free phone consultations and/or in person consultations to determine if you have a claim.

  2. If you were on the job at the time then you should consult a local workers compensation attorney

    This is not intended to be legal advise or as legal representation. I am a California personal injury attorney . Be aware that every state has its own statute of limitations; and statutes & case laws that govern the handling of these matters.

  3. Why do you think you need a lawyer? Were you actually injured, or just a bruise? You reported it to who? Who's list?

  4. Can't hurt to talk to a lawyer. Where you go from there depends on several factors.

    *Attorney Thomas Andrew Miller (678-807-9519) provided this Reply which is intended to be helpful to the Asker and the Avvo Community, but it does not constitute legal advice and does not create any attorney-client relationship. You are urged to seek the advice of an attorney or, in some cases, a tax professional, before taking any action. **Was this Answer helpful? Please click to give the Answer a Helpful Vote or make it the Best Answer!

  5. From your description of the situation, it sounds like this happened on the job. The statement that you saw a doctor from their list suggests that you mean an employer's panel of phsycians. If this is a workers' compensation injury, then wether you need an attorney or not will depend on multiple factors, including how severe the injury is, what type of treatment will be needed, whether the doctor you are seeing is good or is more of a "company doctor," whether you are missing work or not, and whether the insurance company willingly accepts the claim. If it is a job injury, it certainly would not hurt to call a workers' compensation attorney to discuss the matter, as virtually all of us will consult with and advise you for free in order to determine whether you need an attorney or not.

  6. Unfortunately you have not given us very many specific facts about what happened and where it happened or how badly you were injured and who you reported your fall to. Makes it hard to give advice. Sorry you were hurt. Good luck.

    Mr. Crosner is licensed to practice law in California and has been practicing law in California since 1978. The response herein is general legal and business analysis.. It is not intended nor construed to be "legal advice" but rather it is analysis, and different lawyers may analyze this matter differently, especially if there are additional facts not reflected in the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. I am not your attorney until retained by a written retainer agreement signed by both of us. See also terms and conditions item 9, incorporated as if it was reprinted here.

  7. Sounds like a textbook workers compensation claim. We are experienced workers compensation attorneys and would be glad to take a look at your case. Call us today for a free consultation 678-825-5430

    This Reply is intended to be helpful to the Asker and the Avvo Community, but it does not constitute legal advice and does not create any attorney-client relationship.

  8. If this were at home, a products liability is you only theory, and unless you sustained a permanent injury, these are very expensive cases to litigate, and your costs of litigation may outweigh any recovery. If it happened at work, contact a workers comp attorney.

Personal injury topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics