SHOULD I GET A LAWYER

Asked over 1 year ago - Savannah, GA

I WAS IN A CAR ACCIDENT 3 MONTHS AGO I BEEN OUT OF WORK SINCE IT HAPPENED ALL MY KIDS WAS IN THE CAR 1 HAD A MENTAL BREAK DOWN ENDING WITH HIM IN A MENTAL HOSPITAL IM STILL HAVING PROBLEMS FROM MY INJURY AND I MIGHT HAVE TO HAVE SURGERY

1. Glen Edward Ashman

Pro

10

Answered . Frankly you needed a lawyer three months ago, and need to see one ASAP. In the meantime do not talk to the insurer.

2. S. David Rosenthal Esquire

Pro

11

Answered . Without question you need a good Georgia personal injury attorney to help you with this situation. The sooner you have counsel the better.

3. Jeffrey Mark Adams

9

Answered . Simply put - yes; get a lawyer. Your family has been harmed. Protect yourselfs. Speedy recovery.

4. Michael Ryan Juarez

7

Answered . YES

5. Aaron P. Marks

Pro

5

Answered . Based on the facts you've supplied, I would encourage you to contact a
    personal injury attorney. You and your family need proper medical care, and
    if you lack health insurance obtaining that care can be difficult, if not
    impossible, to obtain. I have a network of medical providers who will treat
    you and your children without requiring payment upfront. Additionally, I
    can negotiate with the at-fault driver's insurance company, and, if
    necessary, file a lawsuit on your behalf. I do not recommend negotiating
    with the insurance company yourself. Please feel free to contact my office
    for a free consultation.

Regards,

Aaron Marks
    404-939-1485

--
    Aaron Marks, Esq.
    The Marks Law Group, LLC
    103 W. Dearborn Circle
    Decatur, GA 30030
    www.markslawgroup.com
    aaron@markslawgroup.com
    404-939-1485 (ph)
    404-581-5902 (fx)

If you find this answer helpful, please mark it here on AVVO as helpful. In
    answering you, I am attempting to communicate general legal information and
    am not representing you (and am not your lawyer). Do feel free to call me
    at 404-939-1485 if you wish to discuss actual representation (the phone
    call also does not retain counsel; that requires an office visit and
    appropriate paperwork). In that a forum such as this provides me with
    limited details and doesn't allow me to review details and documents, it is
    possible that answers here, while meant to be helpful, may in some cases
    not be complete or accurate, and I highly recommend that you retain legal
    counsel rather than rely on the answers here. (You can also email my office
    at avvo@markslawgroup.com . An email also does not retain my office, but
    can help you get an appointment set if you prefer not to call). I am happy
    to discuss possible representation with you. Any information in this
    communication is for discussion purposes only, and is not offered as legal
    advice. There is no right to rely on the information contained in this
    communication and no attorney-client relationship is formed. Nothing in my
    answer should be considered as tax-advice.

6. Jonathan P. Sexton

Pro

5

Answered . Yes, you should get a lawyer and get one as soon as possible. I would be happy to talk to you and answer any questions you might have. My number is 770-474-9335.

7. L. Ty Wilson

Pro

5

Answered . Without a doubt you should hire an attorney.

Ty

This response is for general information only, no attorney client privilege has been established by this communication.
  8. Randy William Ferguson

6

Answered . You should hire an attorney as soon as possible. They can help take the pressure off you.

9. Kimberly Waters Grant

4

Answered . In my opinion, you are always better off having sought the advice of counsel to make your rights and those of your children are protected. Insurance companies do not have your best interests at heart. If this hasn't happened already, an attorney can help put your own insurance company on notice of the accident, and take steps to make sure all relevant evidence is secured. I would be more than happy to provide a free consultation to you and, if I am not in a position to assist, refer you to another qualified lawyer in Georgia.

Kimberly W. Grant
    404-995-3953
    kgrant@waynegrant.com

10. Sam Louis Levine

4

Answered . Hello, I am so sorry that this happened. I can relate having been in several car accidents myself. Your injuries sound serious if you may have surgery, which I have as well. In addition to assisting people in car accidents, you would want an attorney familiar with & experienced in mental health law, which I am. You are welcome to contact me on my cell phone at (404) 468-4689 24/7 if you wish to speak about your accident. I hope you feel better.

Sam Levine, Esq.
    Attorney at Law

11. David J. McCormick

5

Answered . Yes, get an attorney ASAP.

Pro

5

Answered . Yes, retain a personal injury lawyer with a low contingency fee, less than 30%, so you are left with the lion's share of the settlement, not your lawyer. Good luck.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com
  13. Michael Shemtoub

4

Answered . You need to consult a local attorney immediately !

Check out my website below and give me a call for a free consultation if you are a California resident 877-427-2752 or you can email me at Michael@Kingofpersonalinjurylaw.com

www. KingofPersonalInjuryLaw.com

I am licensed in California only and my answers on Avvo assume California law. Answers provided by me are for general information only. They are not legal advice. Answers must not be relied upon. Legal advice must be based on the interplay between specific exact facts and the law. This forum does not allow for the discussion of that interplay. My answer to any specific question would likely be different if that interplay were explored during an attorney-client relationship. I provide legal advice during the course of an attorney-client relationship only. The exchange of information through this forum does not establish such a relationship. That relationship is established only by personal and direct consultation with me followed by the execution of a written attorney-client agreement signed by each of us. The communications on this website are not privileged or confidential and I assume no duty to anyone by my participation on Avvo or because I have answered or commented on a question. All legal proceedings involve deadlines and time limiting statutes. So that legal rights are not lost for failure to timely take appropriate action and because I do not provide legal advice in answer to any question, if you are an interested party you should promptly and personally consult with an attorney for legal advice. Also, see Avvo's terms and conditions of use, specifically item 9, incorporated by this reference

14. Manuel Alzamora Juarez

Pro

3

Answered . YES. YOU NEED A LAWYER ASAP. BEST OF LUCK

15. Daliah Brill

1

Answered . Yes, additional facts are necessary to determine the status of your situation. Consult with an attorney.

16. Jamie Anthony Casino

1

Answered . We understand this is a very scary time for you and your family. You need to hire an attorney for many reasons: so you don't have to talk to the insurance companies (you need to focus on getting better), so you can someone who can help you get your car fixed and medical bills paid, you also need someone on your side to fight to try and get you compensated for your lost work, pain and suffering, and any future medical bills. You should call a couple attorney's to find one that you feel comforable with and treats your with the respect that you deserve. Just a note: Because you hire an attorney does not mean that you have to sue anyone and our goal is to keep you OUT of court! I hope this helps.

17. Benjamin Whitaker Price

1

Answered . Yes. You need an attorney asap. We are located in Savannah and can provide a free consultation at your convenience.
    There are multiple potential claims here based on the information you provided.