Should i get a autopsy and contact a malpractice lawyer

Hobart, IN |

my father went into the hospital because his back was hurting 8 days ago they overdosed him on drug medication while he was there the first 3 days and on the 7th day after not being able to find out what was wrong with him other than the bug that they found in his heart on the 6th day from not changing his cathider properly so i am told sent him to another hospital where they said he told them he didnt feel good and they hooked him up to a machine to force breath him the nurse said she left to call an ambulance came back and he was not breathing anymore and the coroner said he would not be performing a autopsy because he died of natural causes but no one knows why he died so i will have to pay for it our of pocket and probably ship him across state lines

1. I’m very sorry to hear about your father. The only way to know if there was malpractice is to retain a local med mal lawyer who can order the medical records and send them to an expert to review to ascertain whether there was a breach of the standard of care.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com

2. You need to hire an attorney to review the medical records and advise you if he/she thinks there is a valid claim. Best of luck and sorry for your loss.

Call for a free consultation at 727-937-1400 or visit us on the Web at www.serviceandjustice.com.

3. I would demand more information from the hospital. Absent a clear illness or medical problem, "natural causes"should not be given as a general label.

Ryan Finn * 518.213.0115 * Rfinn@hackermurphy.com * Referrals are the highest form of compliment * Hacker Murphy serves clients throughout New York State and always pays referring attorneys a reasonable referral fee

4. If you truly wish to explore a medical negligence claim, an autopsy will be necessary. Most cases with facts such as these will demand an autopsy be performed. See, it isn't enough just to show that some doctor or nurse committed an error. A plaintiff must also show how the patient died, why, what conditions they suffered, and the precise cause of death...this is the only way to attach the errors to the death. Cause-and-effect. A death certificate is just a government document with causes of death that represent the best guesses of the doctor that called it. It's not a scientific determination of death like an autopsy.

Keep in mind that you might pay for an autopsy only to learn that the death couldn't have been avoided.