SHOULD I FILE FOR WORKERS COMPENSATION?

i HAVE BEEN DIAGNOSED BY MY DOCTOR FOR DEPRESSION, STRESS AND ANXIETY DUE TO MY SUPERVISOR TREATMENT AGAINST ME IN A BIG CHAIN COMPANY AFTER ONLY 4 MONTH OF WORKING FOR THEM. I FILED FOR SHORT TERM DISABILITY BUT THEY DENIED IT AND SAID SINCE THIS IS WORK RELATED YOU HAVE TO FILE FOR WORKERS COMPENSATION IS THAT TRUE? CAN SOMEBODY HELP ME I DON'T KNOW WHICH DIRECTION TO GO.

Immediately find and consult with an experienced workers compensation attorney. You will likely get a free consultation and you can explore your options. Do not delay, and do not try to do this without an attorney to assist you.

Good luck to you.

This answer should not be construed to create any attorney-client relationship. Such a relationship can be formed only through the mutual execution of an attorney-client agreement. The answer given is based on the extremely limited facts provided and the proper course of action might change significantly with the introduction of other facts. All who read this answer should not rely on the answer to govern their conduct. Please seek the advice of competent counsel after disclosing all facts to that attorney. This answer is intended for California residents only. The answering party is only licensed to practice in the State of California.

Psychological injuries are covered under workers’ compensation. Unlike most work comp claims, there is a burden of proving 51% of the psyche injury is work related. Also, some people do not like the personal questions they can be asked at a work comp deposition or by the eventual med-legal evaluator. Whether or not you should file a psych claim is very fact specific and subjective. You should consult a reputable workers’ compensation attorney and discuss your case.

I agree that you should talk to a workers compensation atty as soon as possible. The type of claim you are discussing can be difficult so an attorney who does a lot of workers compensation will be able to advise you on your chances for success

Feel free to call attorney Brett Blumstein at 213-687-3100. He handles a lot of federal workers comp cases and may even be able to assist you in yours.

Good luck!

You should have a local workers comp lawyer investigate

Yes you will need to file a claim. The process can be complicated so it's best you present your situation to an experienced workers compensation attorney in your area.

I agree that you should consult a wc attorney. But, there are minimum thresholds for successfully claiming a mental health injury - one being a minimum 6 months of employment. There are exceptions, of course, so the best thing to do is consult with an attorney.

You should definitely contact an experienced Workers Comp attorney. It may also be help for you to review the disability eligibility requirements: http://www.edd.ca.gov/Disability/DI_Eligibility.htm

This response has been provided as a general answer to your question with the facts provided. Nothing in this communication should be construed as providing legal services or creating an attorney-client relationship. No privilege or confidentiality is attached to this communication.