SHOULD I FILE FOR WORKERS COMPENSATION?

Asked about 1 year ago - Los Angeles, CA

i HAVE BEEN DIAGNOSED BY MY DOCTOR FOR DEPRESSION, STRESS AND ANXIETY DUE TO MY SUPERVISOR TREATMENT AGAINST ME IN A BIG CHAIN COMPANY AFTER ONLY 4 MONTH OF WORKING FOR THEM. I FILED FOR SHORT TERM DISABILITY BUT THEY DENIED IT AND SAID SINCE THIS IS WORK RELATED YOU HAVE TO FILE FOR WORKERS COMPENSATION IS THAT TRUE? CAN SOMEBODY HELP ME I DON'T KNOW WHICH DIRECTION TO GO.

1. Neil Pedersen

8

Answered . Immediately find and consult with an experienced workers compensation attorney. You will likely get a free consultation and you can explore your options. Do not delay, and do not try to do this without an attorney to assist you.

Good luck to you.

2. Daniel W Epperly

7

Answered . Psychological injuries are covered under workers’ compensation. Unlike most work comp claims, there is a burden of proving 51% of the psyche injury is work related. Also, some people do not like the personal questions they can be asked at a work comp deposition or by the eventual med-legal evaluator. Whether or not you should file a psych claim is very fact specific and subjective. You should consult a reputable workers’ compensation attorney and discuss your case.

3. Ivan D. Ahmady

5

Answered . Yes you will need to file a claim. The process can be complicated so it's best you present your situation to an experienced workers compensation attorney in your area.

4. Peter Joon-Sung Hong

5

Answered . I agree that you should consult a wc attorney. But, there are minimum thresholds for successfully claiming a mental health injury - one being a minimum 6 months of employment. There are exceptions, of course, so the best thing to do is consult with an attorney.

5. John M Connell

Pro

5

Answered . I agree that you should talk to a workers compensation atty as soon as possible. The type of claim you are discussing can be difficult so an attorney who does a lot of workers compensation will be able to advise you on your chances for success

6. George Pablo Escobedo

Pro

5

Answered . Feel free to call attorney Brett Blumstein at 213-687-3100. He handles a lot of federal workers comp cases and may even be able to assist you in yours.

Good luck!

Pro

3

Answered . You should have a local workers comp lawyer investigate

8. Cyrus Mor

1

Answered . You should definitely contact an experienced Workers Comp attorney. It may also be help for you to review the disability eligibility requirements: http://www.edd.ca.gov/Disability/DI_Eligibility...