Should i file for the Dream Act or fix papers thru my husband?

Asked about 1 year ago - Houston, TX

I came to this country when i was little and dont remmember much, i want to go to college and have a decent job.

1. Olubusayo Kikelomo Fasidi

10

Answered . If your husband is a USC and you don't have any other grounds of inadmissibility, it may be better to fix your papers through him taking advantage of any waivers,if applicable, as you may get a green card though the process the only thing you gain from the Deferred Action is lawful presence, no legal status/ green card. You should have your entire Immigration history reviewed by a competent attorney.

2. Tsirina Goroshit

8

Answered . Dream act is not a permanent resident status, if you married to the U.S. citizen, you may obtain a permanent residence.

3. J Charles Ferrari

8

Answered . There is no Dream Act. if you are referring to DACA, it does not lead to a green card.

You should retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts, advise you, and handle the case. You can find one through http://www.ailalawyer.com.

4. Kyndra L. Mulder

Pro

8

Answered . More information is needed to know whether you qualify for DACA.
    As an immediate relative of your husband - a spouse - he may sponsor you. However, if you did not enter the USA legally - with inspection - you will need a waiver. You should qualify for the provisional waiver. To qualify for a waiver you must meet the hardship requirements. The government has discretion in determining hardship.
    It might be a good idea for you to get DACA and then adjust through your husband.
    I strongly suggest you consult with an experienced immigration attorney who will gather more facts and information from you before deciding what process is in your best interest.