Skip to main content

Should I file for taxes using itin? I have no dependants

Phoenix, AZ |

I have an immigration case pending I only have permit to be here but not work permit. I work cash I have never filed for taxes

Attorney Answers 4


Easy question. Yes. It is an obligation of every person working in this country to pay taxes. After all, you want to live here. Taxes would be your way to contribute.

Mark as helpful

2 found this helpful

14 lawyers agree


I agree with my colleague.

Mark as helpful

9 lawyers agree


if you work in this country, you have to pay taxes

This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created. For a free consultation call (718)234-5588.

Mark as helpful

10 lawyers agree


I agree with my colleagues. If you do not file taxes when you are required to do by law it can have negative consequences for your immigration case down the road or present case currently whatever that may be. So, yes, file taxes - consult a CPA and if you have an immigration attorney, which you should if your case is pending, provide the attorney with a copy of your duly filed taxes. Consult an AILA attorney if you don't already have one for your immigration case:

No attorney-client relationship is created or implied by this communication in any way. Consult a competent immigration attorney preferably one who is a member of the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA).

Mark as helpful

10 lawyers agree

Tax law topics

Recommended articles about Tax law

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics