Should I file for taxes using itin? I have no dependants

Phoenix, AZ |

I have an immigration case pending I only have permit to be here but not work permit. I work cash I have never filed for taxes

Easy question. Yes. It is an obligation of every person working in this country to pay taxes. After all, you want to live here. Taxes would be your way to contribute.

I agree with my colleague.

if you work in this country, you have to pay taxes

This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created. For a free consultation call (718)234-5588.

I agree with my colleagues. If you do not file taxes when you are required to do by law it can have negative consequences for your immigration case down the road or present case currently whatever that may be. So, yes, file taxes - consult a CPA and if you have an immigration attorney, which you should if your case is pending, provide the attorney with a copy of your duly filed taxes. Consult an AILA attorney if you don't already have one for your immigration case: www.ailalawyer.com

No attorney-client relationship is created or implied by this communication in any way. Consult a competent immigration attorney preferably one who is a member of the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA).

Tax law topics