Should I file another lien against another corporation if the lien is already recorded on a real property

New York, NY |
Filed under: Mechanic's lien

I filed a lien against a corporation on a real property for unpaid common charges in a condominium. The corporation transferred its title to another corporation before the lien was recorded with the city. Should I file a new lien against the second property or one is sufficient?

Unclear if there are two properties or one property with two corporate owners. Speak with a local real estate lawyer before filing the lien. Unsure if there is a relationship between the two corporations. If the property was transferred before the lien was filed you are probably out of luck with a lien against the property against the second property. You may get sued for filing an improper lien. Seek counsel.

For further information you should see an attorney and discuss the matter completely. If you are in the New York City area, then you can reach me during normal business hours at 718 329 9500 or

Recommended articles about Bankruptcy and debt