Should I file another lien against another corporation if the lien is already recorded on a real property

Asked almost 2 years ago - New York, NY

I filed a lien against a corporation on a real property for unpaid common charges in a condominium. The corporation transferred its title to another corporation before the lien was recorded with the city. Should I file a new lien against the second property or one is sufficient?

1. Jayson Lutzky

Pro

3

Answered . Unclear if there are two properties or one property with two corporate owners. Speak with a local real estate lawyer before filing the lien. Unsure if there is a relationship between the two corporations. If the property was transferred before the lien was filed you are probably out of luck with a lien against the property against the second property. You may get sued for filing an improper lien. Seek counsel.