Should I file a writ of mandamus to move along a USCIS AAO delay ?

Asked over 1 year ago - Princeton, NJ

After filing an AOS application in December 2007 and interviewing on May 2008, the I-130 was approved and the I- 485 was administratively closed due to an adjudicating officer error ( she erroneously believed that I had an order to a pending EOIR case and though they had Jurisdiction) As there was no such order, I contacted a lawyer and filed a MTR within the time frame. I have since lost all contact with the lawyer and have no way to check the status of my case. Last week after being summoned and questioned by ICE, the deportation officer, admitted that the adjudicator made a mistake and that neither ICE nor their trial attorney were interested in pursuing my case as it was pending appeal with the AAO. No NTA was isssued. After 5 years in limbo, I have no idea how move this along!

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

15

Answered . Hire an experienced immigration attorney to review your case.

2. Steven Sahag Vosbikian

Pro

3

Answered . You need to contact an experienced immigration attorney at your earliest convenience to review your case.

3. Yolanda Navarrete

Pro

Answered . Did the lawyer skip town or can you contact him? I believe you can schedule an info pass appointment or check the status on line.