Should I Fight My Traffic Ticket?

Encinitas, CA |

You or an attorney should review the code section you were cited for violating to see if in fact you violated that law.
For example; a broken windshield, according to the California Vehicle Code, requires not only that the windshield is broken but that the broken glass impaired the drivers vision.
I don't know how many times I have had clients who have been arrested for driving under the influence, where the office's reason for the initial stop was a broken windshield. In almost every case the windshield did not impair the drivers vision. These law enforcement stops are great for getting cases dismissed on a motion for lack of probable cause for that stop.

1. Is this a question? Your recitation of the law on cracked windshields is correct. If you already knew the answer what is the question?

Traffic tickets topics