Should I fight a 14 mph ticket in Cobb County court? Also will my insurance be affected?

Asked over 1 year ago - Marietta, GA

The officer who stopped me set my ticket at 59 in a 45. In the comments he wrote that I was actually doing 64 mph. He told me that my insurance would not be affected, but I'm not sure. Should I get an attorney and go to court, or should I just pay the fine? And also will my insurance be affected?

1. James Lawrence Yeargan Jr.

5

Best Answer

Answered . I would just pay the ticket. The officer aready did the work for you by reducing the speed to 14 mph over the limit. That is all a lawyer is going to ask for anyway. Assuming you have a Georgia Drivers License, and it is a regular license and not a commercial drivers license, 59 in a 45 will not go on your driving history. If it doesn't go on your driving history your insurance company won't find out and raise your rates.

2. Jack Ira Klein

Pro

2

Answered . AS long as you are not a CDL, pay the ticket, it will not be reported.

3. Andrew Stephen Roberts

Pro

2

Answered . I defer to my colleague in GA.

Andrew Roberts (818) 597-0633/ (805) 496-7777