Skip to main content

Should I do anything about the subpoena sent to me from Comcast that lists a lot of IP addresses including mine????

Parker, CO |

Our income comes from social security which means we can hardly afford expensive attorney fees. Is there any possibility that they could put a lien on our home???? From the research I've done it seems that the only way out is to hire an attorney.....I hope you can help me. THANK YOU

Attorney Answers 1


You need to make sure that no one in your house is using bit torrent or downloading copyrighted material illegally. Once you have done that, it is probably best to ignore the subpoena. These things usually don't turn into anything and a lien can only be put on your home if you are actually sued and the Plaintiff obtains a judgment.

If you actually get served with an Amended Complaint then you really may want to sit down with an attorney.

You can reach Harkess & Salter LLC at (303) 531-5380 or Stephen Harkess is an attorney licensed in the state and federal courts of Colorado. This answer is for general information only and does not create an attorney client relationship between Stephen Harkess or Harkess & Salter LLC and any person. You should schedule a consultation with an attorney to discuss the specifics of your legal issues.

Mark as helpful

2 lawyers agree