Should I contact the police or hire a lawyer?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Oceanside, CA

If people came to my house and engaged in conversation with me even though I didn't wish to and then took photos of my property outside for unknown reasons, can I sue them for trespassing, harassment and invasion of privacy? If it happens again, is it considered as stalking and what can I do?

1. James Cannon Huber

1

1

Best Answer

Answered . One course of action would be to hire an attorney to write them a formal letter asking that they cease and desist. These are relatively easy to draft, and serve the purpose of putting them on notice that they need to leave you alone. This sets the case up in case they continue these actions.

2. Michael Charles Doland

1

Answered . Your limited facts do not reveal any legal damages. Conversations you don't want are simple: don't speak. Taking photos of a residence from the street is normally permitted. Since you don't indicate the nature of the encounter, one cannot analyse this any further.

3. David Philip Shapiro

Pro

1

Answered . What would you claim are your damages?

Law Offices of David Shapiro 3555 4th Avenue San Diego, CA 92103 (619) 295-3555