Skip to main content

Should I contact the BMV, my ALS fee was supposed to be waived

Athens, OH |

The judge said the fee was to be dismissed & terminated but the BMV has sent letters through the mail saying I have to pay the fine. Should I get in touch with the BMV and let them know the judge said that fee was to be waived?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


The BMV will only do what the court has ordered. Your best option is to contact your attorney and have him/her contact the court to get the record corrected.


I agree, I would suggest that you find the termination entry with the specific language that the ALS is terminated and all ALS fees are vacated. Once you obtain this court entry then I would suggest that you fax it to the BMV.

Get Avvo’s 3-part DUI email series

A roundup of the best tips and legal advice.

DUI topics

Recommended articles about DUI

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer