Should I contact Immigration again?

Northborough, MA |
Filed under: Political asylum

I filed for Asylum back in June 2012 in Boston. I did the finger prints and all in time. I haven't heard anything further from them. I sent them a letter once to inquire they said they don't have a time for interview yet. I asked my attorney to send a request that I can travel to Newark office on my own expense to have the interview. That was sent at the end of february and It's been 11/2 months now and no word.
Should I contact them again to ask about my case status?

1. Ask your attorney.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

2. You and your attorney should decide what to do. None of us know anything about your immigration status or the merits of your asylum application.

Please click the link below for additional information.

---------
    Carl Shusterman, Esq.
    Former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82)
    Board Certified Immigration Attorney (1986 - Present)
    Schedule a Legal Consultation - Know Your Rights!
    600 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1550
    Los Angeles, CA 90017
    (213) 394-4554 x0
    Web: www.shusterman.com (English)
    www.inmigracion-abogado.com (Spanish)

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

3. Speak to your attorney and find out what the delay is.

4. You should be asking these questions form your attorney.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

5. Ask your attorney to check again, asylum interview openings are backed up though.

This is not legal advice until I am retained and have reviewed all facts about your situation.