Should I consult with a real estate attorney before closing on my house?

Longview, WA |

I'm planning on buying a home without a real estate agent. I was wondering if I should have a real estate attorney review the contract before I go through with it.

.

1. Definitely. Real estate agents are best to a buyer when finding a home or determining price. Attorneys are better at reviewing and writing contracts. If you can get a lesser price because no agent is involved, speak to an attorney. For a relatively modest fee, you will make sure that you do not fall into any bad legal situations. Good luck.

The advice given is general for information purposes only and should not be relied on. You should consult with an attorney of your choice to fully advise you about your legal rights and obligations.

2. Th e short answer is yes. If no agent was involved who did the paperwork and who is paying for title insurance ? There are many ways to mess this up pay a little now and have some peace of mind.
    Good Luck

Only If and until you and I sign an Agreement for Legal Services, I am not your attorney. These answers are provided for informational and/or novelty purposes