Should I consult with a real estate attorney before closing on my house?

I'm planning on buying a home without a real estate agent. I was wondering if I should have a real estate attorney review the contract before I go through with it. .

Longview, WA -

Irving A Sonkin

Irving A Sonkin

Real Estate Attorney - Bellevue, WA

Definitely. Real estate agents are best to a buyer when finding a home or determining price. Attorneys are better at reviewing and writing contracts. If you can get a lesser price because no agent is involved, speak to an attorney. For a relatively modest fee, you will make sure that you do not fall into any bad legal situations. Good luck.

Shawn B Alexander

Shawn B Alexander

Real Estate Attorney - Olga, WA

Th e short answer is yes. If no agent was involved who did the paperwork and who is paying for title insurance ? There are many ways to mess this up pay a little now and have some peace of mind.
Good Luck