Should I call/write DLSE again or wait and be patient and quiet?

Asked over 4 years ago - Carmel Valley, CA

I've been working with the DLSE for about a year now involving an overtime claim/exemption issue and (more importantly) a retaliation claim. There had been some conversations with my agent but he did tell me it could take a long time for him to review my case/make a determination. I just don't want to drop the ball/be left out of the loop if I'm supposed to keep calling him or pushing.

1. Steven Gregory Pearl

Answered . It never hurts to sty in touch on an important issue like this, but you should understand the DLSE staffers frequently have large caseloads and insufficient resources to handle their work. I would recommend checking in from time to time, just to stay in touch.

Disclaimer: This answer does not constitute legal advice and cannot be relied on, as each situation is fact specific, and it is impossible to evaluate a legal problem without a comprehensive consultation and review of all the facts and documents at issue. This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship.