Should I call/write DLSE again or wait and be patient and quiet?

Carmel Valley, CA |

I've been working with the DLSE for about a year now involving an overtime claim/exemption issue and (more importantly) a retaliation claim. There had been some conversations with my agent but he did tell me it could take a long time for him to review my case/make a determination. I just don't want to drop the ball/be left out of the loop if I'm supposed to keep calling him or pushing.

It never hurts to sty in touch on an important issue like this, but you should understand the DLSE staffers frequently have large caseloads and insufficient resources to handle their work. I would recommend checking in from time to time, just to stay in touch.

Disclaimer: This answer does not constitute legal advice and cannot be relied on, as each situation is fact specific, and it is impossible to evaluate a legal problem without a comprehensive consultation and review of all the facts and documents at issue. This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship.

Overtime pay and work hours topics

Recommended articles about Overtime pay and work hours