Should I call my po right away to let them know that I did prior to court date, instead of waiting to see if I am clean at appt?

Orlando, FL |

In Orange County Florida on probation for 6 months, if I smoked marijuana regularly, but not since court 2 days ago. My first appointment with my po is May23 (so in about 3 weeks), I have been approved for the phone in system which is when I speak to my po for first time. I'm pretty sure it takes at least 30 days to have it out of my system .

1. Do not call and tell them that you smoked before going on probation. If you test positive on the 23rd, then tell them.

2. I agree there is no reason to volunteer anything that can lead to your going to jail.

For more information or to set up a free consultation contact the Law Office of Corey Cohen at 407-246-0066 or visit our website at www.coreycohen.com Twitter @cohenlawyer

3. DIscuss with your attorney. There is no confidentiality online. Volunteering to answer this question does not create an attorney-client relationship. If you don't have an attorney, find an experienced criminal litigator for a free consultation. If you cannot find one on Avvo, search at Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (FACDL.org) Speak to several that offer free consultation. Hire one that you feel comfortable with and you can afford. FACDL find a lawyer: http://tinyurl.com/8e4h3my

Educational purposes answer. | FACDL.org | NACDL.org | Defendme.net | twitter.com/JReganLLM | Non-privileged answer.