Skip to main content

Should I bring criminal charges against my sister for changing my fathers will and changing the witness signatures of the will?

Ukiah, CA |

Should I bring criminal charges against my sister for changing my fathers will and changing the witness signatures of the will. No other options allowed during ex pate hearings. three heirs involved court determined that the will was not valid due to fraudulent activity Probate Intestate Succession. OBJECTION to Proposed Action of sale of family home sent a letter to my law office requested assistance in having the court revoke the full authority of the personal representative to administer the estate and granting limited authority. law office responded with a letter advising me that they are withdrawing from the proceedings entirely as I've created conflict for them. requested EX PARTE in an attempt to obtain a preliminary injunction avoiding transactions of sale and/or transferring

Attorney Answers 3

  1. If you have an attorney, speak with them. If you do not, this is a case where you want one based upon where the case is right now. But to answer your question, a DA will not prosecute a case like this - focus on getting the estate administered and finalized.

  2. I agree with Attorney James. It sounds like the Will has been tossed, anyway. With intestate proceedings, you are going to get the same share as your sister. If you cannot agree on an administrator, it may be best to have a court appoint someone.

    James Frederick

    ***Please be sure to mark if you find the answer "helpful" or a "best" answer. Thank you! I hope this helps. ***************************************** LEGAL DISCLAIMER I am licensed to practice law in the State of Michigan and have offices in Wayne and Ingham Counties. My practice is focused in the areas of estate planning and probate administration. I am ethically required to state that the above answer does not create an attorney/client relationship. These responses should be considered general legal education and are intended to provide general information about the question asked. Frequently, the question does not include important facts that, if known, could significantly change the answer. Information provided on this site should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed attorney that practices in your state. The law changes frequently and varies from state to state. If I refer to your state's laws, you should not rely on what I say; I just did a quick Internet search and found something that looked relevant that I hoped you would find helpful. You should verify and confirm any information provided with an attorney licensed in your state. I hope you our answer helpful!

  3. My colleagues are right to tell you to focus on the estate administration. Fight the fights you can win. It sounds like the attorney handling the probate was turned into a potential witness by your request for a hearing thereby creating a conflict,

Wills and estates topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics