Should I be worried about being hired as a teacher with marijuana possession on my record?

Madison, AL |

I was charged with a misdemeanor of possession of marijuana. I'm being tried as a youthful offender. Will this stay on my record, and if will it affect my possibility of becoming a teacher?

1. You should do everything possible to avoid a conviction. Drug offenses can have a very harsh effect on the ability to become a teacher.
    www.austincriminaldefenseattorney.com
    Austin Jail Release and Bond Assistance
    Austin Probation Lawyer
    512-495-1813

My answers are intended only as general legal advice and are not intended to create an attorney-client relationship. There is no substitute for a full consultation with a local experienced criminal defense attorney. For more answers based on my 19 years of experience visit my website, www.austincriminaldefenseattorney.com

2. Not if granted yo. Your record would be sealed. Why not do one of the pre trial diversion programs? You avoid a conviction.

The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the State of Alabama. Responses are based solely on Alabama law unless stated otherwise.