Skip to main content

Should I be the one to let the mchenry county court know that my ex has moved out of state?

Algonquin, IL |

My ex moved out of state (Florida) for a job and I have my son full time. I don't know if he did anything to let the mchenry court/divorce know. Should I do it? And he agreed to double child support but there's nothing officially on record.

Attorney Answers 3


He must inform the court of the change of address and the State Disbursement Unit also. If he agrees to a support increase then have a lawyer draft an agreed order ASAP and have the lawyer get it entered for you.

IF YOU FOUND THIS ANSWER "Helpful" or " The Best Answer" YOU CAN THANK ATTORNEY RADDATZ BY MARKING IT SO because Avvo awards the attorney points. MS. RADDATZ is donating her time and talent by answering questions to help those in need of legal information. This is NOT a consultation and in no way creates an attorney-client relationship. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS PERSONALLY CONSULT WITH AN ATTORNEY IN YOUR LOCAL AREA who has specific expertise in the area of law you are asking about.

Mark as helpful

2 lawyers agree


It is the responsibility of your ex to notify the county if he moves. If they will take the information from you, no harm done. If he still agrees to double his child support payments, get a court order to the effect ASAP but you might wish to find out if there is any chance he should be paying even more than that.

Mark as helpful

2 lawyers agree


It's his responsibility. Point this out to him. While you're at it, ask him to sign an agreement (have an attorney prepare it) to the double child support figure.

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees

Traffic tickets topics

Recommended articles about Traffic tickets

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics