Should i be speaking to both attorneys

Filed under: Criminal defense

i was served by one she want me to come in prior to talk to her and the other from other side wants to discuse case with me too?

I don't practice in CA, but the answer to this question depends on the specific facts of your case. Is this a criminal or civil case? Are you a party/defendant or a witness in the case? Either way, it would be prudent to discuss the facts with attorney to determine whether you have exposure to any criminal or civil liability.

No. I suggest you retain your own counsel and discuss the facts with your own counsel before agreeing to speak with anyone outside the context of a deposition or trial.

The information presented here is general in nature and is not intended, nor should be construed, as legal advice. This posting does not create any attorney-client relationship with the author (who is only admitted to practice law in the State of California). For specific advice about your particular situation, consult your own attorney.

You don't have to speak to anyone. You can speak to whomever you want. It's possible that you are liable for something, either in criminal or civil court. If you think that might be the case, then what you say could get you into trouble. In that case, you should hire an attorney or contact the public defender if you can't afford one.

NO- You might want to discuss this matter with your own attorney. You have no reason to speak with anyone. You might expose some liability to yourself.

You should absolutely not talk to the attorney who served you. Advise your lawyer that you were asked this by the other attorney immediately. In Michigan, this type of conduct can constitute an ethical violation.

The answer contained here is not legal advice and does not create an attorney-client relationship.