Should I be paid prevailing wage in CA?

Windsor, CA |

The company does work thru energy efficiency measures. The different programs that pay us get their funding from the CPUC or PG+E. The company gets paid by how much they save the customers, any where from $600.00- tens of thousands.

Currently we get paid hourly, less than prev. wage.
These jobs aren't up for bids. The company sends out salesmen.

We also have to carry their stuff in our truck and don't get mileage or pay for a 60mile radius to and from home.
I don't want to lose this job until I have another one.

1. No, there is no such legal requirement (unless you are applying for H1-B immigration status or something). The employer is only required to pay you minimum wage under California law.

The information presented here is general in nature and is not intended, nor should be construed, as legal advice. This posting does not create any attorney-client relationship with the author (who is only admitted to practice law in the State of California). For specific advice about your particular situation, consult your own attorney.