Should i be entitled to any money from the selling of my parents house because of this extension?

Asked over 1 year ago - Brooklyn, NY

About 10 years ago my parents bought a house and got an extension built onto it. The money for the extension came from a disabled grant they got given because of my physical disability. Well, anyway, now my parents are divorced and living seperately my dad still lives in that house and is selling it because he wouldn't pay his insurance. Well they went to court and it got dicided they were to get 50 k each when the house was sold. I was about 10 when they got the extension and i am 21 now.. would i be entitled to any of that money legally speaking? if it wasn't for me they wouldnt have got the grant, but my parents said they are not giving me any money

1. Thomas J Callahan

2

Answered . Unfortunately, you are not.

2. Jayson Lutzky

Pro

1

Answered . No right to the money, it was your parents house not yours.

Avvo instant logo@2x

Need an answer to your questions within 15 minutes?

• 30-minute phone call
  • Ask any questions
  • $99 flat fee
  • Money-back guarantee
Talk to an attorney now