Should i be entitled to any money from the selling of my parents house because of this extension?

Brooklyn, NY |

About 10 years ago my parents bought a house and got an extension built onto it. The money for the extension came from a disabled grant they got given because of my physical disability. Well, anyway, now my parents are divorced and living seperately my dad still lives in that house and is selling it because he wouldn't pay his insurance. Well they went to court and it got dicided they were to get 50 k each when the house was sold. I was about 10 when they got the extension and i am 21 now.. would i be entitled to any of that money legally speaking? if it wasn't for me they wouldnt have got the grant, but my parents said they are not giving me any money

1. Unfortunately, you are not.

To questioners from West Virginia & New York: Although I am licensed to practice in your state, I practice on a day-to-day basis in Massachusetts. I answer questions in your state in areas of the law in which I practice, and in which I feel comfortable trying to offer you assistance based on my knowledge of specific statutes in your state and/or general principles applicable in all states. It is always best, however, to work with attorneys and court personnel in your own area to deal with specific problems and factual situations.

2. No right to the money, it was your parents house not yours.

If this answer is helpful, then please mark the helpful button. If this is the best answer, then please indicate it. Thanks. For further information you should see an attorney and discuss the matter completely. If you are in the New York City area, then you can reach me during normal business hours at 718 329 9500 or www.mynewyorkcitylawyer.com.