Should I be enrolled in school to get J1visa?

Asked about 1 year ago - Chicago, IL

I am completing my OPT in July(I got bachelor's degree). can I change my status from F1 to J1? Should I be enrolled in school to get J1 or it is not the main requirement?

1. Alexander Joseph Segal

4

1

Answered . You should contact an immigration attorney, experienced with J1 visas for a detailed consultation and soon.

2. J Charles Ferrari

4

Answered . To change status, you must be in valid status and meet all the requirements for the new status you seek.

3. Calvin T. Sun

3

Answered . There are many types of people who can get j-1. A student is only one such type.

4. Akanksha Kalra

3

Answered . You should speak with an immigration attorney to discuss whether you are eligible to seek a J-1 status and if so, what requirements you need to fulfill to apply for a change of status.