Should i ask for court supervision or hire a lawyer?

In january of 2008 I receieved a speeding ticket. The court gave me supervision for 3 months which I sucessfully completed. I was wondering if that offense was expunged from my record, or does the court still have that offense on my record? Also, the other day I was ticketed for going 69 in a 45. Should I ask for court supervision again? Or hire a lawyer? And what are the chances of sucess for the two above options?

Springfield, IL -

Jeremy J. Richey

Jeremy J. Richey

General Practice Lawyer - Sullivan, IL

Your speeding ticket will not be expunged from the court record. Supervision is not legally considered to be a conviction, but a court record still exists and continues to exist even after the supervision is completed.

As to seeking another supervision or hiring a lawyer, that will be up to you. If you make a bad decision on your own, you will only have yourself to blame. With that said, in many cases, supervision for a speeding ticket is a good result. I can't say whether supervision would be good in your case because I don't know enough about it.

---

Related Advice